Member, Board of Equalization, 1st District
- Proposition 19 (2020) – Latest Updates
- Find your Board Member – Your Board Member can provide assistance with various state tax issues.
- BOE Meetings and Informational Hearings – Public meetings to hear and decide tax appeals, approve regulatory changes, adopt BOE policies, annually set property tax values for state assessees, and receive input from the public.
- Assessor – Your County Assessor can answer property tax questions about assessed values, exemptions, or exclusions.
- Auditor Controller – Your Auditor Controller can answer questions about the computation of your property tax and tax rates.
- Tax Collector – Your Tax Collector can answer questions about current year property tax payments or prior year delinquencies and can provide copies of your tax bill.
- Disaster Relief – Property tax relief may be available after certain disasters including fire, earthquake, or flooding.
- Property Tax Help for Seniors – Learn more on how to transfer your base year value.
- California State Controller’s Property Tax Postponement Program – If eligible, seniors and those who are blind or disabled may defer current-year property taxes on their principal residence.
- Veterans and Active Military Assistance – While there is no general property tax exclusion for veterans, there are laws that reduce the property tax due for qualified veterans and veteran's organizations.
- Taxpayers' Rights Advocate Office – The Taxpayers' Rights Advocate and her staff work to protect taxpayer rights and ensure tax problems are handled promptly and fairly.