Electronic Waste Recycling (eWaste) Fee - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Responses to questions contained in this document are general in nature and not intended to be all-inclusive. Information provided is not "written advice" subject to Revenue and Taxation Code Section 55045 regarding reliance on written advice from the Board of Equalization.
Frequently Asked Questions Topics
- Information for Retailers on the Fee Program, Collection, and Rates
- Registering to Collect the Fee
- Paying the Fee to the Board of Equalization
- Sales Tax, Lay-away, Internet Sales, Drop-shipments, Invoices, Resale, Government Sales, and Donations
- Warranties, Leases, Credits, Refunds, and Returns
- Fee Option for Retailers that Lease CEDs (Assembly Bill 575)
- Information for Consumers that Were Charged a Fee on a Device that is Not a CED
- CED Recycling
Have a question of your own that was not addressed in one of the topics above? Fill out our email question form and we will respond as soon as possible.