Alcoholic Beverage Tax Registration Information

Who is required to register?

In general, you must register with our agency, the Board of Equalization (BOE), if you are required to obtain one of the following licenses issued by the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC):

  • Manufacturer
  • Wine blender
  • Winegrower
  • Importer
  • Rectifier
  • Wholesaler
  • Customs broker
  • On-sale general brew pub
  • Distilled spirits manufacturer's agent
  • Wine direct shipper
  • Craft distiller
  • Brandy manufacturer
  • Industrial alcohol dealer
  • On-Sale general for airplanes
  • On-Sale general for trains

Common carriers, other than railroads and steamship companies, must also register with the BOE in order to transport alcoholic beverages into this state.

Register Online

You may register for an account using online registration. Online registration is the convenient way to register and is available 24 hours a day.