Appraiser Training & Certification
The Board of Equalization (BOE) is responsible for the certification of state and county assessors' personnel performing appraisals for property tax purposes. Statutes require the BOE to certify appraisers before they perform these duties. The certification includes an initial evaluation of the candidate's education and experience, the successful completion of a qualifying examination, and the requirement for continuing education.
Links to information relevant to certification requirements as well as training available to property tax appraisers appear below.
- Application for Temporary Appraiser’s Certificate, BOE-740-A
- Application for Auditor-Appraiser Designation following Appraiser Certification, BOE-740-B
- Application for Advanced Appraiser Certification, BOE-747-BC
- Report of Property Appraisers’ Change in Employment Status, BOE-743-A
BOE-Conducted Classroom Courses/Workshops and Other Training
BOE-Conducted Online Training
- Introduction to Appraising for Property Tax Purposes [PropTx 310]
- Appraisal of Machinery & Equipment [PropTx 311]
- Self-Study Training Sessions for County Assessors’ Staff
- Self-Paced Online Learning Sessions for County Assessors' Staff