Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2016
Revenue and Taxation Code
Part 14. Property Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
5905. Additional duties. In addition to any other duties imposed by this part, the advocate shall periodically review and report on the adequacy of existing procedures, or the need for additional or revised procedures, with respect to the following:
(a) The development and implementation of educational and informational programs on property tax assessment matters for the benefit of the board and its staff, assessors and their staffs, local boards of equalization and assessment appeals boards, and taxpayers.
(b) The development and availability of property tax informational pamphlets and other written materials that explain, in simple and nontechnical language, all of the following matters:
(1) Taxation of real and personal property in California.
(2) Property tax exemptions.
(3) Supplemental assessments.
(4) Escape assessments.
(5) Assessment procedures.
(6) Taxpayer obligations, responsibilities, and rights.
(7) Obligations, responsibilities, and rights of property tax authorities, including, but not limited to, the board and assessors.
(8) Property tax appeal procedures.