Laws, Regulations & Annotations

Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2013
 

Revenue and Taxation Code

Property Taxation

Part 8. Distribution

CHAPTER 3. Alternative Method of Distribution of Tax Levies and Collections and of Tax Sale Proceed

Section 4713

4713. Liquidation of shares of funds in certain liens. In any county electing to follow the procedure authorized by this chapter the tax collector and auditor, or either of them, upon approval of the county treasurer, may determine by analysis of the abstract of delinquencies the amounts included therein by the original tax and assessment levies for each fund, and, on the basis of such determination, the treasurer and auditor may forthwith enter the total tax levy on the apportioned tax resources accounts and apportion to each fund for which taxes were levied 95 percent of the fund amounts so determined. The remaining 5 percent of the tax amounts shall be apportioned to the tax losses reserve fund. These apportionments shall constitute a full liquidation of the share of each fund in the liens for delinquent taxes appearing on the abstract list and any amounts thereafter received through redemption or sale of the property shall be apportioned in the manner prescribed by Sections 4708, 4710, and 4711 for years in which the procedure authorized by this chapter has been in effect.

History.—Added by Stats. 1949, p. 2390, in effect October 1, 1949. Stats. 1959, p. 2416, in effect September 18, 1959, reworded first and second sentences so as to refer to apportioning rather than crediting the accounts. Stats. 1974, Ch. 1101, p. 2346, in effect January 1, 1975, substituted "tax collector" for "redemption officer" in the first sentence. Stats. 1985, Ch. 316, effective January 1, 1986, substituted "these" for "such" before "apportionments", substituted "or" for a comma after "redemption", deleted "or rental" after "sale", added "and" after "4710", and deleted "and 4712" after "4711" in the third sentence.