Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2014
Other Code Provisions
Health and Safety Code
DIVISION 24. COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING
PART 1. COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT LAW
Chapter 6. Financial Provisions
Article 6. Taxation*
33674.5. Redevelopment agency tax payments. (a) Notwith-standing Section 33674, any redevelopment agency which meets all of the requirements of subdivision (b) shall be entitled to be allocated and paid the portion of taxes provided by subdivision (b) of Section 33670 for the first time during the fiscal year commencing July 1, 1984.
(b) In order to be eligible to receive the tax increment pursuant to subdivision (a), a redevelopment agency shall have done all of the following:
(1) Transmitted the information required by Section 33327 to the county auditor, assessor, and tax collector and to the State Board of Equalization.
(2) Adopted a redevelopment plan which became effective after December 1, 1983, but prior to January 1, 1984.
(3) Recorded a copy of the description of the redevelopment project area and the statement required by Section 33373 prior to December 31, 1983.
(4) Transmitted all required documents pursuant to Section 33375 prior to the effective date of this section.
(c) The county and the State Board of Equalization shall not be required, in implementing this section, to establish a tax rate area for the redevelopment project area for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 1984.
(d) This section shall remain in effect only until January 1, 1986, and as of that date is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, which is chaptered before January 1, 1986, deletes or extends that date.
History.—Added by Stats. 1984, Ch. 1224, in effect September 17, 1984.
Note.—Section 3 of Stats. 1984, Ch. 1224, provided no payment by state to local governments because of this act, however, a local agency or school district may pursue any remedies to obtain reimbursement.
* Repealed and added by Stats. 1963, p. 3677, in effect September 20, 1963. Had the effect of renumbering the article and sections and repealed former Section 33954 relating to the operative date of the former article.