Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2013
Additional Government Code Provisions
Provisions Relating to Recording of Documents
Chapter 6. Recorder
Article 3. Documents to Be Recorded*
(1) A judgment affecting the title to or possession of real property, authenticated by the certificate of the clerk of the court in which the judgment was rendered.
(2) A notice of support judgment, an interstate lien, a release of lien, or any other document completed and recorded by a local child support agency or a state agency acting pursuant to Title IV-D of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 651 et seq.).
(3) A notice of location of mining claim.
(4) Certificates of amounts of taxes, interest and penalties due, notices of state tax liens and extensions thereof executed by the state, county, or city taxing agencies or officials pursuant to Chapter 14 (commencing with Section 7150) of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code, and Sections 2191.3, 2191.4, and 11495 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, and releases, partial releases, and subordinations executed pursuant to Chapter 14 (commencing with Section 7150) of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code, and Sections 2191.4, 11496, 14307, and 14308 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(5) Notices of lien for postponed property taxes executed pursuant to Section 16182.
(6) A release, discharge, or subordination of a lien for postponed property taxes as authorized by Chapter 6 (commencing with Section 16180) of Part 1 of Division 4 of Title 2.
(7) A fixture filing as defined by paragraph (40) of subdivision (a) of Section 9102 of the Commercial Code.
(8) An order affecting title to or possession of real property issued by a court in an action subject to Section 12527, authenticated by the certificate of the clerk of the court in which the order was issued or a copy of that order authenticated by a declaration under penalty of perjury by the Attorney General or by an assistant or deputy of the Attorney General attesting that the contents of the copy are the same as the original order issued by the court.
(9) A court certified copy of a satisfaction of judgment.
(10) A certificate of correction filed pursuant to Sections 66470 and 66472.1.
(b) Any document described in this section, from the time it is filed with the recorder for record, is constructive notice of the contents thereof to subsequent purchasers and mortgagees.
History.—Stats. 1999, Ch. 991, (SB 45), in effect January 1, 2000, substituted "paragraph (40) of subdivision (a) of Section 9102" for "paragraph (b) of subdivision (l) of Section 9313" after "defined by" in subdivision (a)(6). Stats. 2001, Ch. 176 (SB 210), in effect January 1, 2002, added paragraph (9) to subdivision (a). Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 339 (AB 1704), in effect January 1, 2005.
* Article 3 was added by Stats. 1947, Ch. 424, in effect September 19, 1947.