Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2015
Property Tax Annotations
205.0000 BUSINESS INVENTORY EXEMPTION
205.0025 Animals. Although animals held for sale or lease or for food production are business inventory and entitled to exemption, those listed below continue to be taxable:
1. Rodeo stock and show horses used for commercial purposes.
2. Animals used in riding stable operations where the animals do not leave the stable operator's facility and remain under the control of the operator.
3. Animals used in pack station operations where control over the pack animals remains with the pack station operator.
4. Stallions or brood mares held for breeding purposes.
5. Any other animals not held for sale or lease; or not used in the production of food or fiber for human consumption; or not used in the feeding, breeding, or management of livestock.
6. Racehorses which continue to be taxed on the in-lieu basis of Revenue and Taxation Code section 5721. LTA 3/25/1980 (No. 80/54).