Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Property Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2010
Revenue and Taxation Code
Part 2. Assessment
Chapter 4. Assessment by State Board of Equalization Generally
Article 4. Assessment Estimates and Assessment Roll*
760. Collection of delinquent taxes. (a) If any amount assessed by the board becomes delinquent on the secured roll, the tax collector may utilize those procedures for the collection of taxes on the unsecured roll to collect the amount assessed by the board.
(b) Not less than 60 days prior to initiating procedures applicable to the collection of delinquent taxes on the unsecured roll pursuant to this section, the tax collector shall send a notice of delinquency stating intent to enforce collection.
(c) The notice required by subdivision (b) shall set forth the following information:
(1) The name of the assessee.
(2) The description of the property assessed.
(3) The assessed value of the property.
(4) The fact that collection will be enforced on the unsecured roll in the amount of the tax, penalty, interest and actual costs of collection.
History.—Added by Stats. 1992, Ch. 523, in effect January 1, 1993. Stats. 2000, Ch. 116 (AB 1991), in effect January 1, 2001, lettered the former first paragraph as subdivision (a), and substituted "any" for "an" after "If", and deleted "on fixtures and personal property only" after "the board" therein; and added subdivisions (b) and (c).
* Article 4 heading was added by Stats. 1976, Ch. 877, p. 1993, in effect January 1, 1977.