Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2014
Underground Storage Tank Maintenance Fee Law
Health and Safety Code
Chapter 6.75. Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Cleanup
Article 6. Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund
25299.50. Creation of fund. (a) The Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund is hereby created in the State Treasury. The money in the fund may be expended by the board, upon appropriation by the Legislature, for purposes of this chapter. From time to time, the board may modify existing accounts or create accounts in the fund or other funds administered by the board, which the board determines are appropriate or necessary for proper administration of this chapter.
(b) Except for funds transferred to the Drinking Water Treatment and Research Fund created pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 116367, all of the following amounts shall be deposited in the fund:
(1) Money appropriated by the Legislature for deposit in the fund.
(2) The fees, interest, and penalties collected pursuant to Article 5 (commencing with Section 25299.40).
(3) Notwithstanding Section 16475 of the Government Code, any interest earned upon the money deposited in the fund.
(4) Any money recovered by the fund pursuant to Section 25299.70.
(5) Any civil penalties collected by the board or regional board pursuant to Section 25299.76.
(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), any funds appropriated by the Legislature in the annual Budget Act for payment of a claim for the costs of a corrective action in response to an unauthorized release, that are encumbered for expenditure for a corrective action pursuant to a letter of credit issued by the board pursuant to subdivision (e) of Section 25299.57, but are subsequently not expended for that corrective action claim, may be reallocated by the board for payment of other claims for corrective action pursuant to Section 25299.57.