Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2017
Oil Spill Response, Prevention, and Administration Fees Law and Government Code
Chapter 7.4. Oil Spill Response and Contingency Planning
Article 1. General Provisions
8670.5.1. Nontank vessel not used for commercial purposes; requirements. (a) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, an owner or operator of a nontank vessel that is not used for commercial purposes and that weighs 300 gross tons or greater, but less than 400 gross tons, shall, at least 96 hours prior to arrival in the marine waters of the state, submit to the administrator all of the following:
(1) Evidence of financial responsibility required pursuant to Section 86188.8.131.52
(2) Payment of the nontank vessel fee pursuant to Section 8670.41.
(3) The vessel’s particulars, such as the size and dimensions of the vessel and any other information required by the administrator.
(4) Graywater information, including the vessel’s ability to store graywater while in marine waters of the state, and size and capacity of any graywater holding tanks, as measured in metric tons.
(5) Sewage information, including the vessel’s ability to store sewage while in marine waters of the state, and size and capacity of any sewage holding tanks, as measured in metric tons.
(b) Information required to be submitted to the administrator pursuant to paragraphs (4) and (5) of subdivision (a) shall also be submitted to the State Water Resources Control Board.
(c) The owner or operator of the nontank vessel that is not used for commercial purposes shall submit other documents required by this chapter within 14 days after the arrival of the vessel in the marine waters of the state.
(d) This section shall not apply to an owner or operator of either of the following:
(1) A vessel with insufficient graywater and sewage holding capacity to store graywater and sewage while the vessel is in marine waters of the state.
(2) A vessel for which a contingency plan has previously been denied or revoked.
(e) This section shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2014, and as of that date is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, that is enacted before January 1, 2014, deletes or extends that date.