Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2015
Oil Spill Response, Prevention, and Administration Fees Law
Revenue and Taxation Code
Chapter 1. General Provisions and Definitions
46011. "Facility." (a) "Facility" means any of the following located in state waters or located where an oil spill may impact state waters:
(1) A building, structure, installation, or equipment used in oil exploration, oil well drilling operations, oil production, oil refining, oil storage, oil gathering, oil processing, oil transfer, oil distribution, or oil transportation.
(2) A marine terminal.
(3) A pipeline that transports oil.
(4) A railroad that transports oil as cargo.
(5) A drill ship, semisubmersible drilling platform, jack-up type drilling rig, or any other floating or temporary drilling platform.
(b) "Facility" does not include any of the following:
(1) A vessel, except a vessel located and used for any purpose described in paragraph (5) of subdivision (a).
(2) An owner or operator subject to Chapter 6.67 (commencing with Section 25270) of or Chapter 6.75 (commencing with Section 25299.10) of Division 20 of the Health and Safety Code.
(3) Operations on a farm, nursery, logging site, or construction site that are either of the following:
(A) Do not exceed 20,000 gallons in a single storage tank.
(B) Have a useable tank storage capacity not exceeding 75,000 gallons.
(4) A small craft refueling dock.
History.—Added by Stats. 2014, Ch. 35 (SB 861), in effect June 20, 2014.