Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2015
Lumber Products Assessment
Public Resources Code
CHAPTER 8 Z’BERG-NEJEDLY FOREST PRACTICE ACT OF 1973
Article 9.5 Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund
4629.9. Annual report to Legislature. (a) On or before January 10, 2013, and on each January 10 thereafter in conjunction with the 2014-15 Governor’s Budget and each Governor’s Budget thereafter, the Secretary of the Natural Resources Agency, in consultation with the Secretary for Environmental Protection, shall submit to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee a report on the activities of all state departments, agencies, and boards relating to forest and timberland regulation. This report shall include, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) A listing, by organization, of the proposed total costs associated with the review, approval, and inspection of timber harvest plans and associated permits.
(2) The number of timber harvest plans, and acreage covered by the plans, reviewed in the 2011–12 fiscal year, or the most recent fiscal year.
(3) To the extent feasible, a listing of activities, personnel, and funding, by department, for the forest practice program for 2012–13, or the most recent fiscal year, and the preceding 10 fiscal years.
(4) The number of staff in each organization dedicated fully or partially to (A) review of timber harvest plans, and (B) other forestry-related activities, by geographical location in the state.
(5) The costs of other forestry-related activities undertaken.
(6) A summary of any process improvements identified by the administration as part of ongoing review of the timber harvest process, including data and technology improvement needs.
(7) Workload analysis for the forest practice program in each organization.
(8) In order to assess efficiencies in the program and the effectiveness of spending, a set of measures for, and a plan for collection of data on, the program, including, but not limited to:
(A) The number of timber harvest plans reviewed.
(B) Average time for plan review.
(C) Number of field inspections per inspector.
(D) Number of acres under active plans.
(E) Number of violations.
(F) Evaluating ecological performance.
(b) A report required to be submitted pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be submitted in compliance with Section 9795 of the Government Code.
History—Added by Stats. 2012, Ch. 289 (AB 1492), in effect September 11, 2012. Stats. 2013, Ch. 76 (AB 383), in effect January 1, 2014, substituted "each Governor’s Budget" for "Governors’ Budgets" after "2014-15 Governor’s Budget and" in subdivision (a).