Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2017
Lumber Products Assessment
Public Resources Code
CHAPTER 8 Z’BERG-NEJEDLY FOREST PRACTICE ACT OF 1973
Article 9.5 Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund
4629.3. Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund created; definitions. (a) The Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund is hereby created in the State Treasury. All revenues received from the assessments imposed pursuant to Section 4629.5, less amounts deducted for refunds and reimbursements, shall be deposited into the fund.
(b) Unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions shall apply to this article:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Forestry and Fire Protection.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
(3) "Engineered wood product" means a building product, including, but not limited to, veneer-based sheeting material, plywood, laminated veneer lumber (LVL), parallel-laminated veneer (PLV), laminated beams, I-joists, edge-glued material, or composite material such as cellulosic fiberboard, hardboard, decking, particleboard, waferboard, flakeboard, oriented strand board (OSB), or any other panel or composite product where wood is a component part, that is identified in regulations adopted by the board pursuant to Section 4629.4. For purpose of this paragraph, an "engineered wood product" shall only include products that consist of at least 10 percent wood.
(4) "Fund" means the Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Fund.
(5) "Lumber product" means a product in which wood or wood fiber is a principal component part, including, but not limited to, a solid wood product, or an engineered wood product, that is identified in regulations adopted by the board pursuant to Section 4629.4. "Lumber product" does not include furniture, paper products, indoor flooring products such as hardwood or laminated flooring, bark or cork products, firewood, or other products not typically regarded as lumber products.
(6) "Principal component part" means 10 percent of the total content by volume.
(7) "Qualified nonprofit organization" means any nonprofit public benefit corporation formed pursuant to the Nonprofit Corporation Law (Division 2 (commencing with Section 5000) of Title 1 of the Corporations Code) qualified to do business in California and qualified for exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(5) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(8) "Recognized tribe" means those entities recognized as eligible to receive service from the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs, as listed in the Federal Register, and those tribes designated in the list of nonrecognized tribes for California by the Native American Heritage Commission.
(9) "State responsibility area" means those areas for which the state has primary fire protection responsibility, as designated by the board in accordance with Section 4125.
History—Added by Stats. 2012, Ch. 289 (AB 1492), in effect September 11, 2012.