Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2014
Hazardous Waste Fee Health and Safety Code
CHAPTER 6.11 UNIFIED HAZARDOUS WASTE AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS MANAGEMENT REGULATORY PROGRAM
25404.9. State Certified Unified Program Agency Account. (a) The State Certified Unified Program Agency Account (SCUPA Account) is hereby established in the General Fund and shall be administered by the department. In addition to any other money that may be appropriated by the Legislature to the SCUPA Account, all of the following funds shall be deposited in the SCUPA Account:
(1) The fees collected pursuant to subparagraph (B) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 25404.5.
(2) All reimbursements received for costs of enforcement actions taken by the department acting as a CUPA pursuant to this chapter.
(3) Funds received for the counties in which the department acts as a CUPA from the Rural CUPA Reimbursement Account established pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 25404.8.
(4) Civil and criminal penalties collected pursuant to paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 25192, as appropriate.
(5) Administrative penalties collected pursuant to subdivision (i) of Section 25404.1.1, as appropriate.
(6) All interest earned upon money deposited in the SCUPA Account.
(b) The funds deposited in the SCUPA Account may be expended by the department, upon appropriation by the Legislature, for the department's costs of implementing the unified program in those counties for which the secretary has designated the department as a CUPA pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (f) of Section 25404.3.
History.—Added by Stats. 2005, Ch. 81 (SB 71), in effect July 19, 2005.