Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2015
Hazardous Waste Fee Health and Safety Code
CHAPTER 6.5 HAZARDOUS WASTE CONTROL
Article 9.4. Banned, Unregistered, or Outdated Agricultural Wastes
25207.5. Transportation of rejected waste. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), for purposes of this article, all eligible participants who transport banned, unregistered, or outdated agricultural wastes which are identified in the survey conducted pursuant to Section 25207.3, and which are prepackaged in accordance with the federal regulations specified in subdivision (a) of Section 25207.6 and transported to the collection site in accordance with subdivision (c) of Section 25207.6, or who transport banned, unregistered, or outdated agricultural wastes which are rejected at the collection site and required to be transported back to the point of origin, are exempt from all of the following:
(1) The requirements for hazardous waste transporter registration and vehicle certification specified in Section 25163.
(2) The manifest requirement specified in subdivision (c) of Section 25160.
(3) The volume and weight limits specified in subdivision (c) of Section 25163.
(4) The requirement to obtain an extremely hazardous waste disposal permit pursuant to Chapter 43 (commencing with Section 67430.1) of Division 4.5 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), any eligible participant who generates more than 100 kilograms per month of any RCRA hazardous waste or more than one kilogram per month of any extremely hazardous waste shall obtain a hazardous waste identification number and use a manifest as specified in subdivision (a) of Section 25160, when transporting banned, unregistered, or outdated agricultural wastes subject to a collection program, which shall be completed in accordance with the regulations set forth in Part B (commencing with Section 262.20) of Part 262 of Subchapter I of Chapter 1 of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The eligible participant shall complete and process the manifest in the following manner:
(1) The blue copy of the manifest shall be sent to the department.
(2) The designated site for the collection of the banned, unregistered, or outdated agricultural wastes shall be listed in Block 9 of the manifest.
(3) The eligible participant shall sign the manifest as both the generator and the transporter, and sign in both Block 16 and Block 17 of the manifest.
(c) Any eligible participant who transports banned, unregistered, or outdated agricultural wastes pursuant to this section shall transport the waste by himself or herself or by an employee of the eligible participant, and the vehicle shall be owned by the eligible participant.