Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2015
Hazardous Waste Fee Health and Safety Code
CHAPTER 6.5 HAZARDOUS WASTE CONTROL
Article 2. Definitions
(a) Any hazardous waste subject to land disposal restrictions pursuant to Section 25179.6 and the regulations adopted by the department pursuant to that section.
(b) Any hazardous waste which contains any of the following substances, in the following concentrations, as determined without considering any dilution which may occur, unless the dilution is a normal part of a manufacturing process:
(1) Liquid hazardous wastes containing free cyanides at concentrations greater than, or equal to, 1,000 milligrams per liter.
(2) Liquid hazardous wastes containing any of the following metals or elements, or compounds of these metals or elements, at concentrations greater than, or equal to, any of the following:
Arsenic 500 milligrams per liter
Cadmium 100 milligrams per liter
Chromium (VI) 500 milligrams per liter
Lead 500 milligrams per liter
Mercury 20 milligrams per liter
Nickel 134 milligrams per liter
Selenium 100 milligrams per liter
Thallium 130 milligrams per liter
(3) Liquid hazardous wastes having a pH less than or equal to two.
(4) Liquid hazardous wastes containing polychlorinated biphenyls at concentrations greater than, or equal to, 50 milligrams per liter.
(5) Hazardous wastes containing halogenated organic compounds in total concentration greater than, or equal to, 1,000 milligrams per kilogram.