Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2016
Cigarette and Tobacco Products Licensing Act Law
CHAPTER 3. LICENSE FOR WHOLESALERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF CIGARETTES AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the applicant.
(2) The business name, address, and telephone number of each location where cigarettes or tobacco products will be sold. For applicants who control more than one location, an address for receipt of correspondence or notices from the board, such as a headquarters or corporate office, shall also be included in the application and listed on the license. Citations issued to licensees shall be forwarded to all addressees on the license.
(3) A statement by the applicant affirming that the applicant has not been convicted of a felony and has not violated and will not violate or cause or permit to be violated any of the provisions of this division or any rule of the board applicable to the applicant or pertaining to the manufacture, sale, or distribution of cigarettes or tobacco products. If the applicant is unable to affirm this statement, the application shall contain a statement by the applicant of the nature of any violation or the reasons that will prevent the applicant from complying with the requirements with respect to the statement.
(4) If any other licenses or permits have been issued by the board or the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to the applicant, the license or permit numbers for such licenses or permits then in effect.
(5) A statement by the applicant that the contents of the application are complete, true, and correct. Any person who signs a statement pursuant to this subdivision that asserts the truth of any material matter that he or she knows to be false is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of up to one year in the county jail, or a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or both the imprisonment and the fine.
(6) Signature of the applicant.
(7) Any other information the board may require.
(b) The board may investigate to determine the truthfulness and completeness of the information provided in the application.
(c) The board shall provide electronic means for applicants to download and submit applications.