Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2014
California Cigarette Fire Safety and Firefighter Protection Act
Division 12. Fires and Fire Protection
Part 8. California Cigarette Fire Safety and Firefighter Protection Act
(1) The cigarettes are tested by the manufacturer in accordance with the test method prescribed in subdivision (a) of Section 14952.
(2) The cigarettes meet the performance standard specified in subdivision (b) of Section 14952.
(3) The cigarettes meet the marking requirement of Section 14954.
(4) A written certification is filed by the manufacturer with the State Fire Marshal in accordance with Section 14953.
(b) This section does not prohibit distributors, wholesalers, or retailers from selling their inventory of cigarettes existing on January 1, 2007, if both of the following conditions are met:
(1) The distributors, wholesalers, or retailers can establish that California tax stamps or meter impressions were affixed to the cigarettes pursuant to Section 30163 of the Revenue and Taxation Code before January 31, 2007.
(2) The distributors, wholesalers, or retailers can establish that the inventory was purchased before January 1, 2007, in comparable quantity to the inventory purchased during the same period of 2005.
(c) This section does not prohibit a person or entity from manufacturing or selling cigarettes that do not meet the requirements of subdivision (a) if the cigarettes are or will be stamped or metered for sale in another state or are packaged for sale outside the United States.