Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2013
Rules For Tax Appeals
Chapter 3. Property Taxes*
ARTICLE 1. APPLICATION OF CHAPTER AND DEFINITIONS
5310. Application of Chapter.
(a) This chapter applies to:
(1) Petitions for reassessment of unitary and nonunitary assessed value and escaped or excessive assessment of state-assessed properties (including petitions for abatement of penalty), petitions for correction of assessment allocation, petitions for reassessment of private railroad car value, and assessment factor hearings for state-assessed properties and private railroad cars;
(2) Applications for review, equalization, and adjustment of the assessment of publicly-owned lands and improvements under subdivision (g) of section 11 of article XIII of the California Constitution;
(3) Petitions objecting to the County-Assessed Properties Division's findings of ineligibility for an organizational clearance certificate under section 254.6 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, denials of claims for supplemental clearance certificates under Revenue and Taxation Code section 214, subdivision (g), and claims for the veterans' organization exemption under Revenue and Taxation Code section 215.1.
(4) Petitions filed with the Board by county assessors under Government Code section 15640 et seq.
(b) To the extent this chapter does not contain a specific rule or procedure, the rules and procedures in chapter 5 (commencing with section 5510) of this division apply. Where there is a conflict between chapter 5 and this chapter, the provisions of this chapter control.
Note: Authority cited: Government Code sections 15606, 15640; Revenue and Taxation Code section 11651.
Reference: Government Code sections 15640, 15645; Revenue and Taxation Code sections 214, 254.6, 270, 721, 721.5, 747, 759, 1840, 11251.
History: 1. New section adopted 9-12-2007; effective 2-6-2008.
2. In subdivision (a)(3), changed veteran's to veterans'. Adopted 5-28-08; Effective 7-16-08.
*Editorial change renaming subchapters to subarticles (Register 2008, No. 13).