Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2017
Rules For Tax Appeals
Chapter 2. Sales and Use Tax, Timber Yield Tax, and Special Taxes and Fees
ARTICLE 2C. CONTESTING A JEOPARDY DETERMINATION
5225. Persons Who May File an Application for Administrative Hearing; Manner of Filing; and Consolidation with Petition.
(a) The person against whom a jeopardy determination is made may file an application for an administrative hearing for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To establish that the jeopardy determination is excessive.
(2) To establish that the sale of the property that may be seized after issuance of the jeopardy determination, or any part thereof, should be delayed pending the administrative hearing because the sale would result in irreparable injury to the person.
(3) To request the release of all or part of the property to the person.
(4) To request a stay of collection activities.
(5) To request administrative review of any other issue raised by the jeopardy determination.
(b) An application for an administrative hearing or related document may be filed in the manner specified in section 5222 for the filing of a petition for redetermination of a jeopardy determination.
(c) If an application is filed under this section and a petition is filed under section 5222, the application and petition will be consolidated into one administrative hearing.
Note: Authority cited: Government Code section 15606; Revenue and Taxation Code sections 6538.5, 7051, 7700.5, 8251, 8828.5, 9251, 13170, 30243.5, 30451, 32313, 32451, 38435, 38701, 40171, 41128, 43352, 45353, 43501, 45851, 46601, 50120.3, 50152, 55103, 55301, 60333, 60601.
Reference: Revenue and Taxation Code sections 6538.5, 7700.5, 8828.5, 30243.5, 32313, 38435, 43352, 45353, 50120.3, 55103, 60333.
History: 1. New section adopted 9-12-2007; effective 2-6-2008.
2. Amendments adopted November 19, 2013, effective April 1, 2014. The amendments deleted the first sentence in subdivision (b), which encouraged the use of electronic means for the filing of applications; replaced all of the text after "filed" in the second sentence in subdivision (b); deleted the third and fourth sentences in subdivision (b); and deleted subdivision (d).