Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2011
Fee Collection Procedures Law
Chapter 6. Administration and Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
Article 2. The California Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
(1) Taxpayers newly registered with the board.
(2) Board audit and compliance staff.
(b) The education and information program shall include all of the following:
(1) A program of written communication with newly registered taxpayers explaining in simplified terms their duties and responsibilities.
(2) Participation in seminars and similar programs organized by federal, state, and local agencies.
(3) Revision of taxpayer educational materials currently produced by the board that explain the most common areas of taxpayer nonconformance in simplified terms.
(4) Implementation of a continuing education program for audit and compliance personnel to include the application of new legislation to taxpayer activities and areas of recurrent taxpayer noncompliance of inconsistency of administration.
(c) Electronic media used pursuant to this section shall not represent the voice, picture, or name of members of the board or of the Controller.
History.—Stats. 1999, Ch. 929 (AB 1638), in effect January 1, 2000, added "and compliance" after "program for audit" in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b).