Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2011
Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax Law
CHAPTER 5. DETERMINATIONS AND PAYMENTS.1
Article 1. Returns, Reports, and Payments
7652.5. Report; terminal operator. (a) Each terminal operator shall prepare and file with the board a report in the form as prescribed by the board, which may include, but not be limited to, electronic media showing, for the calendar month, or that monthly period ended during the calendar month as the board may authorize, the following:
(1) The name and license number of each person that is a position holder at each terminal it operates;
(2) The amount of motor vehicle fuel received at each terminal it operates;
(3) The identity of each position holder with respect to the rack removals of motor vehicle fuel from each terminal it operates and the volume and dates of the removals;
(4) The amount of motor vehicle fuel stored at each terminal it operates;
(5) The destination (by state) of all motor vehicle fuel removed at a terminal rack of each terminal it operates, to the extent that information has been provided to the terminal operator; and
(6) Any other information required by the board for the proper administration of this part. The terminal operator shall file the report on or before the last day of the month following the monthly period to which it relates. To facilitate the administration of this part, the board may require the filing of the reports for other than monthly periods. Reports shall be authenticated in a form or pursuant to methods as may be prescribed by the board.
(b) Upon written approval of the board, a terminal operator may satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) above by executing and providing to the board a consent and authorization for the Internal Revenue Service to provide to the board under Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code, the return filed by the terminal operator under Section 48.4101-2 of Title 26 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The board may, in its sole discretion, rescind its approval and require a terminal operator to file reports as specified in subdivision (a).
History.—Stats. 2002, Ch. 459 (AB 1936), deleted "on forms prescribed by the board" after "and file with the board" and added "in the form as prescribed by the board, which may include, but not be limited to, electronic media" after "a report" in the first sentence of, and added the third sentence to paragraph (6) to, subdivision (a).
1Added by Stats. 2000, Ch. 1053 (AB 2114), operative January 1, 2002.