Laws, Regulations & Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2010
Underground Storage Tank Maintenance Fee Law
Health and Safety Code
Chapter 6.75. Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Cleanup
Article 9. Sunset Provision
25299.81. Sunset provision. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (c), this chapter shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2016, and as of that date is repealed, unless a later enacted statute, which is enacted before January 1, 2016, deletes or extends that date.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), Article 1 (commencing with Section 25299.10), Article 2 (commencing with Section 25299.11), and Article 4 (commencing with Section 25299.36) shall not be repealed and shall remain in effect on January 1, 2016.
(c) The repeal of certain portions of this chapter does not terminate any of the following rights, obligations, or authorities, or any provision necessary to carry out these rights and obligations:
(1) The filing and payment of claims against the fund, including the costs specified in subdivisions (c), (e), and (h) of Section 25299.51, and claims for commingled plumes, as specified in Article 11 (commencing with Section 25299.90), until the moneys in the fund are exhausted. Upon exhaustion of the fund, any remaining claims shall be invalid.
(2) The repayment of loans, outstanding as of January 1, 2016, due and payable to the board.
(3) The recovery of moneys reimbursed to a claimant to which the claimant is not entitled, or the resolution of any cost recovery action.
(4) The collection of unpaid fees that are imposed pursuant to Article 5 (commencing with Section 25299.40), as that article read on December 31, 2015, or have become due before January 1, 2016, including any interest or penalties that accrue before, on, or after January 1, 2016, associated with those unpaid fees.
(5) (A) The filing of an application for funds from, and the making of payments from, the Underground Storage Tank Petroleum Contamination Orphan Site Cleanup Fund pursuant to Section 25299.50.2, any action for the recovery of moneys paid pursuant to Section 25299.50.2 to which the recipient is not entitled, and the resolution of that cost recovery action.
(B) Upon liquidation of funds in the Underground Storage Tank Petroleum Contamination Orphan Site Cleanup Fund, the obligation to make a payment from the Underground Storage Tank Petroleum Contamination Orphan Site Cleanup Fund is terminated.
(6) (A) The payment of loans and grants, consistent with the terms of agreements that were effective prior to January 1, 2016, from the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund, pursuant to this chapter or the Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Financing Account pursuant to Chapter 6.76 (commencing with Section 25299.100). Upon exhaustion of the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund, any remaining claims for payment of grants or loans shall be invalid.
(B) The amount of money disbursed for grants and loans pursuant to Chapter 6.76 (commencing with Section 25299.100) shall not exceed the sum of following:
(i) The amount that reverts to the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund pursuant to Section 25299.111.
(ii) Amounts recovered through the repayment of loans granted pursuant to Chapter 6.76 (commencing with Section 25299.100).
(iii) The resolution of any cost recovery action filed prior to January 1, 2016, or the initiation of an action or other collection process to recover defaulted loan moneys due to the board or to recover money paid to a grant or loan recipient pursuant to Chapter 6.76 (commencing with Section 25299.100) to which the recipient is not entitled.
(d) The board shall continuously post and update on its Internet Web site, but at a minimum, annually on or before September 30, information that describes the status of the fund and shall make recommendations, when appropriate, to improve the efficiency of the program.