Cigarette and Tobacco Products Seminar for Retailers
Welcome to the online seminar for Tobacco Retailers. The information contained on this website is provided to help you better understand the state's requirements and your responsibilities as a retailer of cigarettes and tobacco products in California. If you prefer to attend an instructor-led class at one of the BOE offices, visit our Free Tobacco Classes web page for a list of class locations.
This online seminar is available for viewing by Video or as a Slide Show. The Video is broken into segments by topic so you can chose the segment that is of interest to you. Or you may prefer to use the Slide Show so you can view the information at your own pace. Whichever format you choose, we highly recommend you view all the topics provided to help you fully understand and comply with California's tobacco laws.
You can use the link shown below to email any questions you may have regarding cigarette and tobacco sales in California. A BOE representative will promptly respond to your inquiry.
- What All Retailers Should Know About…
- English (accessible version ) I Spanish (espaņol) | Chinese () | Korean () | Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt) | Arabic (العربية) | Punjabi ()
- Sales of Cigarettes and Tobacco Products in California – License Requirement for Retailers (Pub 78)
- Cigarette and Tobacco Product Sales Compliance Inspections (Pub 152)
- Master Settlement Agreement (Pub 407)
- Flavored Cigarettes Banned in the United States (Pub 429)
- Can Retailers Purchase Cigarette and Tobacco Products over the Internet or from an Unlicensed Supplier? (Pub 438)
- Understanding Your Rights as a California Taxpayer (Pub 70)
- California Taxpayer Advocates Pamphlet (Pub 145)