Property Tax Appeals
The Property and Special Taxes Department administers three major property tax programs:
- State-Assessed Property Program;
- Private Railroad Car Tax Program;
- Timber Yield Tax Program.
In addition, the Department provides guidance to the 58 county assessors, who are charged with establishing values for approximately 12 million properties each year, and monitors the adequacy of their assessment practices. The Tax Area Services Section is responsible for maintaining all property tax-rate area maps and for maintaining special revenue district boundaries.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Welfare & Veterans' Organization Exemptions
- State-Assessed Property Appeals
- Property Tax Forms
- Property Tax Committee
- Property and Special Taxes Department
- Your Assessment Appeal